Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pastel Painting - Samford Hall


Samford Hall

11 x 14 pastel on Wallis sanded pastel paper

I did this pastel of Samford Hall on the campus of Samford University for a collegue who was leaving the University after 20+ years of service. He worked in this building over those years and I wanted to give him something to remember that time in his career. He hired me into my current position.


Please excuse the lousy photograph. I had already framed the piece before taking the photo and the light was weak.


6 comments:

  1. I'm sure your fellow educator will be touched and honored to receive this thoughtful gift.
    (I know I would be!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello DJ-

    He was appreciative and having done a little painting, he recognized it right away as a pastel. I've been paid over the years for doing some portraits and other works, but it is rewarding either way when someone is pleased with your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful, Matt! I love it! What a thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great, nice and loose. It feels breezy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shayla..
    I've enjoyed your recent works.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails